Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BORNE AND THE MORD

Just finished the draft of a new (very long) story called, tentatively, either "Borne" or "Borne and the Mord". It's set in the same milieu as "The Situation". It may be the weirdest thing I've ever written. I don't know how to describe it except to say it's a cross between a surrealist Godzilla, a post-apocalytic nightmare, a biologically engineered other world, and the work of Jim Woodring.

One of the nice things about accompanying Ann down here on one of her business trips is having the mornings to write.

Jeff

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

Borne and the Mord sounds pretty cool. It seems, since the publication of the collection Secret Life, that you've accumulated quite a bulk of "uncollected" fiction. Any chance of another collection in the near future? Thanks.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Payseur & Schmidt will be doing a "vanderpalooza" in 2008--a limited edition of 500 copies. Plans are for three slipcased volumes. One will be a selection of uncollected fiction, another uncollected nonfiction, and the third a complete bibliography compiled by Mark Wingenfeld, the book dealer/collector.

After that, I'll probably shop a new collection around in 2009. By then, I should have about 15 to 20 stories to choose from. I think I'll want to limit it to the 12 best.

Oh--also, Cat Rambo and I have plans to put out "The Surgeon's Tale" with a couple of other tales as a short book in time for World Fantasy. (We're doing this ourselves at the moment, but if a publisher was interested in the project as a deluxe chapbook or tp, we'd be willing to listen, I'd bet.)

Thanks for asking.

Jeff

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of great stuff. I can honstly say I'm looking forward to all those projects. Clearly, the freelance life is treating you well!

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! More Situation style goodness. I really loved reading that, btw. I would offer up Grendelsong's services for the chapbooks- but I know we wouldn't be able to get them out in time for WFC. Have you thought of approaching Klima of EV?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home