Tuesday, January 02, 2007

SF MANIFESTOS--Help?

Early last year, Tobias Buckell was kind enough to provide this template for a SF/F/H Manifestos summary/clearinghouse site. The idea was to provide links to and short descriptions of an manifestos, polemics, rants, etc. Beyond the obvious reasons, it has seemed in recent years like many people who launch into new manifestos/movements/etc. seem to have new clue what came before.

The seeds for this site can be found here, in a thread that began to compile them.

The problem for me now is that, a year or more later, it is clear to me that I'll never have time for this project. If there is anyone out there interested in having a go at it, drop me an email at vanderworld at hotmail.com.

I think this is a worthy project (unless, of course, it already exists somewhere out there on the worldwide tubes).

Cheers,

Jeff

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be no help at all, but here's a manifesto in the making: Infernokrusher

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the point in knowing what came before? Surely half the fun of proclaiming your manifesto is making arrogant claims of revoltion when in fact you are reinventing the wheel. If it isn't absurdly pretentious it isn't a manifesto in my book.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I guess that's a point. But I get mildly irritated at idiots who don't know their history before they sound off.

JeffV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home