Friday, September 15, 2006

GONE DADDY GONE

Dear People:

I owe some of you emails. I owe some of you reads of manuscripts--novels, short stories, etc. Some of you I owe other things. None of you are going to get any of them, for the most part, this weekend, alas, and possibly into next week. I'm heavily into writing a new Ambergris story and since I've written no fiction for many months, this is a Very Good Thing since it means I will not go crazy after all and be found muttering to myself in the streets.

So, I'm going silent for awhile. Never fear, Romania Road Trips, Svankmejer searches, and much more is forthcoming on this blog.

And don't forget the Clarion auction.

Cheers,

Jeff

P.S. I deleted the long-ass questionnaire because no one was responding to it except negatively.

P.P.S. I'm losing out to Starbuck in a Finn poll. Apparently, Jukka tells me, Many are saying you're too "sweet" and "cuddly" and -dare I say it? - "Fluffy!" in order to beat up a starship pilot. Yes, well, Ann says, "this is how you disarm people. You make them think you're sweet and then you go in for the kill. It makes you even more dangerous." Well, perhaps.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me fill out that long fucking questionaire and now you're splitting? LOL!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Meanwhile, until you write it, a man who looks like a cross between Duncan Shriek and Jeff VanderMeer is wandering the streets of Ambergris and he is talking to himself like a madman. Or possibly a saint. Go write, mate!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They pitted you against Starbuck?! Now if it'd been the original BG Starbuck (aka "Faceman" on The A Team, aka Dirk Benedict), you might've had a chance.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0070767/

But against my all-time favorite baad-aass cigar-smoking hard-drinking female fighter pilot?

I adore you, Jeff...I truly do. Your mind, your writing is fantastic. To prove it, I've purchased all your books AND I'm actually reading them. I've even begun building a miniature replica of Ambergris, in gold-painted macaroni. Believe me when I say I am moved to tears each and everytime I work on it.

But the Finnish competition? Yeah. You're roadkill.

PS This competition...it was a physical bout, right? We're not talking popularity or pant-sizes or anything, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home