Wednesday, July 12, 2006

WOOT!! WOW! SHRIEK!



The ever-so thoughtful Liz Gorinsky, my editor at Tor, overnighted me a surprise copy of something: the Tor US Shriek!!! (On sale in August.) It's gorgeous! From the dark green boards to the subdued orange endpapers to the imprint on the boards of Eric Schaller's Hoegbotton & Sons logo. Cover looks amazing, too!

Liz also included a box of mushroom truffles and a Japanese snack with squid on the front of the package. We will have them with champagne tonight!

Really, just can't believe the damn book is real, in hardcover. I mean, my first major publisher hardcover.

And, I should be able to announce really good news about BookSense and Shriek soon. And a ton of other good things happening for the book.

Anyway, thanks again to Liz and Leslie (my publicist) and everyone else at Tor, all of whom have been so responsive to my insane ideas and have put so much care into the book itself. It's absolutely gorgeous, with carefully-chosen fonts and really nice margins and everything else. I just love it!

Jeff

8 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Justin Steiner said...

Very cool! Can't wait to read it...

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Fantabulous! Congrats, Jeff. Sounds like it'll be another cool book (reading it and just holding/looking at it). But squid snacks, mushroom truffles (isn’t that redundant) and champagne? Okay, celebration fever (and well deserved, BTW), but I have a feeling Evil Monkey will have something to say about it Monday morning.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Andy Wolverton said...

Congrats, Jeff!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, pirate vandermeer. It been top of my treasure chest for many moons now...oor arrr.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!

I'll try to post some photos soon.

Jeff

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, mate, glad to know your fellow citizens can now become as entangled in the folds of Ambergris and the Shrieks as we have in the UK. Guys, you are in for a real treat: the UK version of Shriek wasn't the bestselling SF book at my work for nothing! Although it does leave me hungry for pizza with mushroom topping after reading...

Shriek for print, Shriek for movie, hell, just Shriek for joy until even Evil decides enough is enough and sits out the back with his headphones on :-)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Luke said...

I met Liz in New York when I lived there. Many are the ways in which she is cool.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really beautiful. Congrats. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home