Saturday, June 17, 2006

NACHO LIBRE, US SOCCER, AND KENJI SIRATORI

Random Saturday ramblings in advance of the Winky Wright-Jermain Taylor fight tonight...

(1) Nacho Libre is a fun, sweet, entertaining movie. It's no Napoleon Dynamite, but it's light and fun and Jack Black gives it his all. Go expecting an amazing masterpiece and you'll be disappointed. Go in expecting to have some fun, and you'll have some fun.

(2) The United States side impressed me a lot with their tie against Italy and against a rabid ref. It's one of the few times over the last few years where I can honestly say I was proud to be an American.

(3) The Kenji Siratori thread on my NS board has been heating up of late. Check it out.

Over and out.

Jeff

1 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Well put .. Nacho Libre is a lot of fun, and I don't ask for a lot more than that from comedies .. as an American who had the luck to be in Germany at the Italy match, I can see it was a one-of-a-kind moment ... too bad they phoned it in like that in the second half against Ghana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home