Monday, May 15, 2006

FRENCH EDITION COVER OF CITY

UPDATE: Just learned the Bantam City of Saints made the Locus trade paperback bestseller list, coming in at #4 for April. Woo-hoo! (Exercise today same as last Wednesday.)



Sweet. Just got a look at the cover of the French edition of City of Saints & Madmen, being released in September from Calmann-Levy.

I'm very excited about this edition. The French translator has done an amazing job--I know just from the types of questions he asked--and everything is set for this to be a big success.

Jeff

7 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite beautiful, stylish, and evocative.--Eric S

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Nice!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Glenda Larke said...

Your translator asked questions? *Sigh*. I have been translated into both German and Russian and never once did anyone contact me about anything... and you have a lovely cover.

I adored my German cover though. It went like this: think of every fantasy trope you can, and put it on there, then add another couple of things to round it out. It's a classic.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely green tentacles wrapping round the page, just waiting to leap out, entrap, draw in...

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, Glenda, I usually ask a few questions to the author I'm translating, so I can more easily betray him.
But with Jeff, I had to ask TONS of questions (which he was always kind enough to answer patiently... if not quickly !).
And I often went "oh my god" when I read his answers.

(all of that said more or less with tongue in cheek, of course.)

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratz on the best seller list! I bought a copy of Veniss Undergound a couple of weeks ago and Borders, and right next to it where five copies of City and Saints, all facing out!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger David Moles said...

Re: Bantam: That was me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home